- Step 1: Focus on minor weaknesses When you answer the question, focus on minor weaknesses and describe specific ways you are trying to improve them.
- TIP: Be honest and keep it brief.
- Step 2: Avoid a list of weaknesses Don't mention weaknesses that affect your job performance, such as always being late and not paying attention to detail.
- Step 3: Talk about past weaknesses Talk about weaknesses that you have resolved in the past, and how you have effectively improved your work performance.
- Step 4: Express self-improvement interest Express how past experience has made you a better employee and how you've learned from mentors who have taken you under their wing.
- FACT: Did you know? According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, in 2009, hiring was expected to be down 7 percent for the following year's college graduates.
You Will Need
- A positive attitude