- Step 1: Step back, clap Take four steps back, beginning with your right foot, while keeping your hands moving like you do when you walk. Clap your hands as you tap your left foot on the floor on your fourth step.
- TIP: Make sure you have a clear space around you.
- Step 2: Step forward, clap Step forward four steps with your hands swinging as you would when walking. Clap your hands as you tap your foot on the floor on your fourth step.
- Step 3: Roll to the right, clap Do a "rolling grapevine." Starting with your right foot, turn in a full circle to the right while taking four steps for four beats. Clap your hands as you tap your foot on the floor on the fourth beat. Then, do a rolling grapevine to the left for four beats.
- Step 4: Travolta Stop and do the "Travolta" for eight beats, the classic disco move in which you place one hand on your hip while the other points up and out at a 45-degree angle and then points toward the ground on the opposite side at a 45-degree angle.
- TIP: Sway your hips side to side.
- Step 5: Dance the "eggbeater" Dance the "eggbeater" for two counts by rolling your forearms around each other in front of you while turning your body 45 degrees to each side.
- Step 6: Dance the chicken Dance the "chicken" for two beats with your arms moving like a chicken flapping its wings while keeping your knees turned out and turning your body slightly toward each side.
- Step 7: Repeat until the song is over Repeat the steps until the song is over or until you're hustled-out.
- FACT: The Travolta dance move was made famous in 1977's Saturday Night Fever, for which John Travolta earned a Best Actor Oscar nomination.
You Will Need
- A dance floor