- Step 1: Cleanse and exfoliate Wash your face with a mild cleanser and exfoliate the skin around the blemish with a washcloth while your skin is still damp. Use an oil-free moisturizer, which will reduce caking.
- Step 2: Apply concealer Dab concealer of the same shade as your skin color directly onto the blemish using a makeup brush or sponge. Blend it into the surrounding skin with the sponge. Avoid using your fingers, which may pass on oil or germs.
- TIP: Use a green-based concealer, which neutralizes the color of red or pink blemishes. Use a green-based concealer, which neutralizes the color of red or pink blemishes.
- Step 3: Apply foundation Gently dab on foundation using a makeup sponge to avoid disturbing the concealer. Fan out the edges to blend into surrounding skin if you're not using foundation on your entire face.
- Step 4: Finish with powder Apply oil-free powder with the large brush to set the makeup and remove shininess.
- Step 5: Repeat Apply another layer of concealer, foundation, and powder if the spot is still visible.
- Step 6: Wash brushes Wash your makeup brushes after application and either throw away or clean your used sponges.
- FACT: Acne is the most common skin disease. It's estimated that 80 percent of all people between ages 11 and 30 have acne outbreaks at some point.
You Will Need
- A mild skin cleanser
- A washcloth
- Oil-free moisturizer
- A small makeup brush
- A makeup sponge
- Oil-free foundation
- Oil-free face powder
- A large makeup brush
- Green-based concealer (optional)