- Step 1: Tell them it is wrong Firmly tell your child that biting is wrong immediately after an incident.
- Step 2: Comfort bitten person Comfort the person who was bitten in the biting child's presence.
- Step 3: Give them a time-out Place the child in a "time-out" after they bite someone.
- TIP: Do not laugh. This will only encourage the child.
- Step 4: Explain that their behavior is wrong Explain to the child why they were in a time-out and reiterate that biting is unacceptable.
- Step 5: Be a role model Avoid spanking your child. They learn from your behavior. Be a good role model. Behave the way you want your children to behave.
- FACT: Humans have 32 permanent teeth, but only grow 20 baby teeth.
You Will Need