- : Children should not play with fire. Fires should only be made under adult supervision. Melted paraffin wax is dangerous can cause severe burns.
- Step 1: Secure Close one end of the cardboard toilet paper roll with tape, pack it full of dryer lint, and tape the other end.
- Step 2: Arrange firewood Arrange your firewood around the tube, light the middle of the tube, and watch your fire get started.
- TIP: Keep a container by your dryer to save dryer lint.
- Step 3: Stuff lint into egg carton Alternatively, stuff dryer lint into each compartment of an empty egg carton.
- Step 4: Cover with wax Pour melted paraffin wax into each cup until they are half-full. Then break off one or two sections, arrange your firewood around them, light them, and enjoy your fire.
- FACT: Stephen King's novel, Firestarter, won the American Library Association Best Books for Young Adults award in 1981.
You Will Need
- A toilet paper roll
- Dryer lint
- Paraffin wax
- A cardboard egg carton
- A container for lint (optional)