- Step 1: Remove the top Remove the top flaps from the cereal box.
- Step 2: Start cutting Cut the box from one of the top corners down the wide side of the box at a 45-degree angle down to the opposite narrow side
- Step 3: Cut across Cut straight across the narrow side. This will leave part of the narrow panel in place to be a backstop for your magazines.
- TIP: If you own magazines that are wider across the cover than your cereal box, the entire side panel can be removed so that they fit inside.
- Step 4: Continue cutting Cut upward along the other wide side at a 45-degree angle until you reach the top corner opposite where you started.
- Step 5: Fill the box Fill the box with your magazines. For easy reference and retrieval, place them spine outward and alphabetize them or order them by publication date.
- TIP: If you want to make the holder craftier – and hide what you eat for breakfast – decorate the outside of the box with colored paper or craft paints.
- Step 6: Find a spot for the holder Place the magazine holder on a bookshelf, desk, or coffee table. It works so well, you might start buying cereal just for the box.
- FACT: There were originally four Rice Krispies characters: Snap, Crackle, Pop, and Pow. The Pow character was retired, leaving only the trio we know today.
You Will Need
- A cereal box
- Colored paper (optional)
- Craft paints (optional)
- A brush (optional)