- Step 1: Clean bag Thoroughly clean the inside of the dog food bag with soapy water.
- Step 2: Decide size Determine how big you want your tote, and cut the bag across the top. Fold a ¼-inch hem in the bag and sew it using a zigzag stitch.
- TIP: Use strong sewing thread.
- Step 3: Use scraps Use the leftover pieces to make two strips, 3 inches wide, for the straps.
- Step 4: Fold strip Fold the first strip lengthwise, and then fold it again. Sew the strip along its entire length using a zigzag stitch, and repeat for the second handle.
- Step 5: Sew handles Center the handles, and then sew them in place, again using a zigzag stitch, to create a strong, unbreakable bond.
- FACT: The American Kennel Club celebrated its 100th anniversary on November 17, 1984.
You Will Need
- Empty 50-pound dog food bag
- Soapy water
- Sewing machine
- Strong sewing thread