- Step 1: Make a schedule of events Make a schedule of events to keep track of everything that needs to be done. Recruit family and friends to help with the many last-minute details.
- Step 2: Pick a venue Pick a place to party. Decide whether the party will be held at a home or at another location.
- Step 3: Set a budget and a date, send invitations Set the budget and date, decide how many people to invite, and send invitations.
- TIP: Don’t forget little things that add up quickly, including centerpieces and ice cubes. Don’t forget little things that add up quickly, including centerpieces and ice cubes.
- Step 4: Organize a menu Decide whether to cook or have the food catered. Plan the menu including drinks and desserts.
- Step 5: Pick a theme Pick a theme and decorate. Shop for centerpieces, invitations, and other party supplies centered on the main theme.
- Step 6: Set up entertainment Designate a staging area for a band or DJ and get ready to party.
- FACT: A 2009 report found the average rate for U.S. public high school students graduating on time was 73 percent.
You Will Need
- A schedule
- A venue
- A budget
- A guest list
- A menu
- A theme