- Step 1: Sanitizing the Toilet Drop four tablets into the toilet bowl and leave them for 20 minutes. Brush, flush, and you’re done.
- Step 2: Making Your Sink Sparkle Fill your bathroom or kitchen sink halfway with water, drop in two tablets. Let stand for 20 minutes, drain, and rinse.
- TIP: You can even soothe an insect bite with Alka-Seltzer. Dissolve two tablets in water, saturate a cotton ball, and press it on the sting for quick relief.
- Step 3: Quickly Cleaning Greasy Cookware Fill dirty pots and pans with warm water, add five tablets, and let everything sit for an hour. Wipe, rinse, and you’re good to go.
- Step 4: Refreshing Your Vase Remove the icky residue that gathers at the impossible-to-reach bottom of narrow-neck vases by filling them halfway with water and adding two tablets. Wait until the fizzing stops, then rinse the vase clean.
- Step 5: Shining Your Jewelry To clean jewelry, dissolve two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of warm water and immerse the jewelry, letting it soak for two minutes.
- TIP: Research shows Alka-Seltzer can even help you cope with nicotine withdrawal! Drink a glass of water with two dissolved tablets three times a day to help curb the cravings.
- Step 6: Revitilizing Your Coffee Maker Fill your coffeemaker with water and plop in four Alka-Seltzer tablets. Once they’ve dissolved, put the coffeemaker through a brew cycle to clean the tubes. Rinse the chamber a few times, then run a second cycle with plain water. Your next cup will taste great.
- FACT: Alka-Seltzer’s famous jingle, 'Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh, what a relief it is!' was written by actress Julianna Margulies’ father.
You Will Need