- Step 1: Decide on your research approach Decide whether you will ask quantitative or qualitative questions. Quantitative research yields hard numbers, while qualitative research looks for open-ended responses to research questions.
- Step 2: Decide who to survey Decide who to include in your marketing survey.
- TIP: Select a random sample of respondents and optimize your sample size for survey accuracy
- Step 3: Decide what questions to ask Decide what questions you will ask.
- TIP: Questions asked in quantitative studies should be clear and should not lead respondents toward a particular response. The order in which questions are asked can also be important.
- Step 4: Recruit interviewers Recruit your interviewers. Make sure they have relevant skills.
- Step 5: Analyze your results Conduct your survey and analyze the results.
- FACT: Marketing survey research positions have increased in the past decade due to an increase in the number of customer databases and greater global competition.
You Will Need
- A research approach
- Survey respondents
- Survey questions
- Data analysis methods