- Step 1: Get certification information Find certification information on the web from national organizations such as the American Council on Exercise, the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, or the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Step 2: Experience aerobics Experience a full range of aerobics by taking different types of classes, including step, water, kickboxing, and high- and low-impact aerobics.
- TIP: Most gyms have day passes if you want to try out different classes.
- Step 3: Learn CPR Enroll in a CPR and first aid class to get certified. This training is usually required to receive certification in aerobics instruction.
- Step 4: Study Study anatomy, exercise physiology, and kinesiology. Most certification programs have a written exam covering these areas.
- Step 5: Get teaching experience Get teaching experience by organizing a class at home or by co-teaching at a gym.
- Step 6: Apply for certification Apply for certification to be an aerobics instructor. Once you're certified, you can start looking for a job that will bring you a lot of satisfaction and earned income.
- FACT: Studies have shown that 30 minutes of exercise a day can make you a happier person.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- Aerobics classes
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Study materials
- Teaching experience
- Gym access (optional)