- Step 1: Assemble shelving Hang shelves to help clear clutter from bench and floor space. Store like items together, such as lawn and garden tools, home repair equipment, and auto repair supplies.
- Step 2: Install peg board Install a pegboard near your tool bench, and then hang small hand tools, like tin snips, handsaws, and other frequently used items.
- Step 3: Hang hand tools Hang larger hand tools, such as shovels and rakes, on the walls with hooks or clamps.
- Step 4: Use tool cabinets Store tools that can't be hung in cabinets with multiple drawers for optimal organization.
- Step 5: Clear work bench Clear off your workbench to create a clean work area for daily use and special projects.
- TIP: Throw away broken, old, or unused items or donate them to charity.
- Step 6: Organize nuts and bolts Organize nuts, bolts, and other small items using baby food jars or mason jars. Both are clear and allow you to see their contents at a glance.
- FACT: Did you know? Hoarding is a recognized psychological condition in which people compulsively purchase, acquire, and save items that have little to no value.
You Will Need
- Peg board
- Tool cabinet
- Baby food or mason jars