- Step 1: Get a rectangular scarf Put on stick-on bra cups if you have them. Get a long, rectangular scarf and hang it around your neck so that the ends hang evenly in front.
- Step 2: Crisscross it Crisscross it in front of you, spreading each side to cover a breast.
- TIP: Use double-sided tape in the front for extra security.
- Step 3: Tie it Tie the scarf at your lower back. If there’s a lot of material hanging down, bring it back to the front and make a bow there.
- FACT: The halter-top design, which first appeared as an evening gown neckline in the 1930s, become a popular style of bathing suit top in the 1940s.
You Will Need
- A long rectangular scarf or lightweight pashmina
- approximately 63 inches long and 16 inches wide.