- Step 1: Shred some paper Rip old newspapers into strips by hand, or put them through a shredder.
- Step 2: Make your mixture Fill a bowl with warm water and add a few squirts of dishwashing liquid.
- TIP: Use a chemical-free dishwashing liquid to keep your cat’s litter box toxin-free.
- Step 3: Soak Soak the strips of newspaper in the soapy mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Rinse Rinse the paper strips by running them under a faucet or rinsing them in a bowl of plain water. Pat them with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Step 5: Add baking soda Pour baking soda onto the moist paper strips until they’re completely covered; this will help them absorb odor. Mix the baking soda into the paper with your hands so it really gets absorbed.
- Step 6: Break it up Break up the paper into smaller pieces and allow to air dry for several days.
- Step 7: Let Kitty enjoy When it’s completely dry, fill a clean litter pan with about two inches of your homemade kitty litter, and let your cat go to town
- FACT: Cats will stop using their litter boxes if they get too dirty.
You Will Need
- Strips of newspaper
- An empty litter pan
- Warm water
- Dishwashing detergent
- Paper towels
- Baking soda