- Step 1: Measure the drawer Measure the inside height, width, and depth of the inside of the drawer.
- Step 2: Measure and cut paper Measure and cut the wrapping paper or contact paper to fit the inside bottom of the drawer. Adhere it with the double-sided tape.
- Step 3: Cut a strip of cardboard Cut a strip of cardboard to the inside length and depth of your drawer with the craft knife.
- Step 4: Cut slots Measure in one-third of the length of the strip from each side and cut ¼-inch wide notches through the bottom half of the strip.
- Step 5: Cut vertical dividers Measure and cut two more cardboard strips equal to the inside width and depth of the drawer. Cut ¼-inch notches at their midpoints, from the top down.
- TIP: Wrap the three cardboard strips with more wrapping or contact paper, cutting out space at the notches.
- Step 6: Fit dividers together Fit the notches in the shorter cardboard strips perpendicularly into the notches in the long strip and fit the divider into your drawer.
- Step 7: Add dividers as needed Add or remove dividers as you need to, customizing the drawer for your needs.
- FACT: A study has shown that gift-wrapped items influence the recipient to have a more favorable attitude toward owning the gift.
You Will Need
- A tape measure
- Gift wrapping paper or contact paper
- Double-sided tape
- A straight edte
- A craft knife
- Sturdy cardboard