- Step 1: Choose flowers Choose flowers that are hardy, and that match the color scheme of the wedding. Avoid flowers taller than 12 inches, as these are sight blockers.
- TIP: Consider using colorful and waxy fruit or candles as an alternative to flowers.
- Step 2: Remove thorns Remove unwanted foliage and thorns from the flowers with the stem stripper. Cut the stems at an angle, 2 inches from the bottom.
- Step 3: Arrange flowers Hold four flowers of the same height and arrange them in a square to form the center. Then add flowers one at a time to create a dome.
- TIP: Use floral foam to hold the arrangement in place if the vase is not transparent.
- Step 4: Bind the stems Bind the flowers together with floral tape 3 to 4 inches below the heads.
- Step 5: Trim the stems Hold the flowers up to the vase to see how much the stems need to be trimmed. Trim them at an angle.
- Step 6: Fill vase Fill the vase 1 or 2 inches from top with water. Then place the flowers in the vase.
- Step 7: Maintain the centerpieces Store the centerpieces in a cool room and spritz them with water to keep them fresh.
- FACT: According to 2008 census data, 76 percent of Americans who have been married have married only once.
You Will Need
- 50 to 75 stems of flowers
- Stem stripper
- Floral tape
- Fruit or candles (optional)
- Floral foam (optional)