- Step 1: Cut sole Cut two soles from the cardboard, using the insoles from your shoes as guides. Then slip your cut-out soles into an old pair of socks.
- TIP: You can also insert an old pair of insoles into the socks.
- Step 2: Stuff with newspaper Stuff the socks with newspaper to create a form for the boots. Add extra stuffing to the tops of the foot and ankle areas to make sure you'll be able to easily slip them on and off.
- Step 3: Add duct tape Apply duct taping horizontally across the middle of the foot areas. Overlap pieces of tape by about ½-inch. Tape the socks until they're completely covered.
- Step 4: Remove stuffing Remove the stuffing and try the boots on for comfort. Carefully cut areas that are too large or too small, and re-tape as necessary.
- Step 5: Pray for rain Pray for rain so you can go outside and play in the mud with your cool duct-tape boots.
- FACT: In 2008, at least 540 mudslides set off by rain were reported around the world, killing more than 2,100 people.
You Will Need
- Duct tape
- Shoe insoles (optional)