- Step 1: Join a wedding planning site Go to a wedding planning website that offers a web page builder. Register with the site to become a member.
- TIP: Upgrade to a premium site that offers flash designs, unlimited photographs and video, and a personalized URL.
- Step 2: Choose a URL Choose a unique URL, or web address, for the site. Use the names of the bride and groom.
- Step 3: Design the site Design your site based on the templates given. Change the colors, fonts, and background so the site matches the style of your wedding.
- Step 4: Add pages Add pages to the site about the proposal, engagement, and ceremony. List members of the wedding party and their relationships to the couple, directions to the venue, and information on how to RSVP online.
- Step 5: Upload pictures and video Upload pictures and videos of the bride and groom to the site. Include professional engagement photographs.
- Step 6: Blog Set up a blog and write about the wedding from the day of the proposal to the hectic final weeks of planning just before the ceremony.
- TIP: Password-protect the site if you wish to keep it private, and only give the password to your guests.
- Step 7: Set up a registry Register for gifts through the wedding site. Most wedding planning sites let you integrate your registry into your personal wedding website.
- FACT: According to 2008 Census data, the number of Americans over age 15 who never married rose from 28 percent in 2000 to 31 percent.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- A web page builder
- A URL
- A wedding party list
- A registry
- A password (optional)