- Step 1: Excel at something Be awesome at something. There are many different types of nerds. Determine whether you're a math, science, literature, sci-fi, music, video game, computer, chess, or some other kind of nerd, and embrace your nerdiness. Confidence rocks anything.
- Step 2: Carry books Carry a book with you at all times. Nothing says "I'm a brainiac" like carrying around books that nobody else understands.
- TIP: If you're a science and technology nerd, carry an e-book reader.
- Step 3: Use your smarts to create something Do something really cool with your intelligence. Conquer new frontiers by writing a computer program, inventing new electronics, or composing an amazing piece of music.
- TIP: Get some other nerds to work with you. It'll be a lot more fun, and who knows what results you'll get when you pool all of that grey matter?
- Step 4: Create your own network of nerds Create your own network of nerds -- start an underground club and a newspaper.
- Step 5: Own your look Be proud of your pocket protector, suspenders, high-waist pants, black-framed glasses, and your mismatched accessories. The nerd look is indistinguishable from the hipster look.
- Step 6: Study Apply yourself to your studies to get high enough grades for acceptance -- better yet, a scholarship -- to a top school, and eventually land the perfect job. You'll be smiling at every high school reunion.
- FACT: The ultimate nerd, Anthony Edwards, who played Gilbert Lowe in Revenge of the Nerds, is an activist and chairman of the Shoe4Africa organization.
You Will Need
- Area of expertise
- Groundbreaking project
- Nerdy clothes
- Good grades
- e-book reader (optional)