- Step 1: Insert battery Open the battery compartment and insert one battery.
- Step 2: Unbend the paper clip Unwind the paperclip, leaving a loop in one end.
- Step 3: Complete circuit Complete the circuit in the remote control by connecting the looped end of the paperclip to the spring at the negative terminal and the other end of the paper clip to the positive terminal.
- TIP: This is a temporary fix until you find another battery.
- Step 4: Surf Channel surf without having to run out for another battery.
- FACT: According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, roughly 3 billion batteries are purchased yearly to power household items.
You Will Need
- A remote control
- A battery
- A paper clip