- Step 1: Register an account for yourself or your business online Create an account at paypal.com by clicking 'Sign Up' on the main page. Choose your country or region and preferred language when you are taken to the registration page.
- Step 2: Choose your account type Choose an account type: Personal, mainly used for shopping and buying online; Premier, an account to buy and sell online using your personal name; or Business to buy and sell under your business or corporate name.
- TIP: PayPal users can have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account, but each account must have a unique e-mail address, bank account, and credit card.
- Step 3: Complete personal info Complete your personal information.
- Step 4: Link your account Link either your bank account or credit card to pay for purchases. Both methods allow you to pay without exposing your account numbers to merchants or recipients, and speed the process of checking out when you shop online.
- Step 5: Choose online payments for your customers Choose either "Website Payments Standard" or "Pro" for accepting payments online as a merchant. Your customers won’t need a PayPal account for either method, and there’s no monthly charge if you choose Standard.
- Step 6: Explore other options with PayPal Send money to friends and family without any fees, safely transfer money abroad for a small fee, or send money through e-mail.
- FACT: Using PayPal increases the average sale price of items on eBay by 5 percent.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- A bank account or credit card