- Step 1: Simmer water and mix ingredients Simmer 2 inches of water in a large pot. In a heatproof bowl, mix together the milk, sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and the salt.
- Step 2: Cook Place the bowl in the simmering water. Cook until the mixture is thick, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Step 3: Cut banana Cut the bananas into thin slices with the paring knife, and then place them into a casserole dish. Pour the hot pudding mixture over the bananas.
- TIP: Cover the bananas completely to prevent discoloration.
- Step 4: Refrigerate Cover the pudding with plastic wrap and then place it in the refrigerator until it sets – at least 1 hour.
- Step 5: Serve Serve the pudding with crumbled cookies and a dollop of whipped cream.
- FACT: Bananas contain about 74 percent water.
You Will Need
- 2 c. skim milk
- u2153 c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 4 medium-ripe bananas
- 12 shortbread or vanilla-flavored cookies
- Whipped cream