- Step 1: Give your reasons Explain the reasons you want to wear makeup to your parents. Don't tell them "because everyone else is doing it." That never works.
- TIP: Your parents will probably tell you that you're beautiful the way you are. Explain that you don't want to change your looks -- you just want to enhance them.
- Step 2: Ask your mom to put some makeup on you Ask your mom to put some makeup on you herself. Just a little bit -- to see how you look.
- Step 3: Ask for their opinion Ask if you can try to put a little on yourself. Tell them you want to show them how you want to look. Use very little, and then ask if they like it.
- Step 4: Start small Start by only wearing lip gloss and nail polish. Don't accentuate your face and create a drastic difference.
- Step 5: Go to store Go to a department store and get a free makeover with your mom. Let her see that you can wear natural-looking makeup.
- Step 6: Research Research cosmetic products to find which ones are best for your skin and then show the results to your parents.
- Step 7: Don't argue Be patient if they don't give in right away. Don't get angry. Wait a few weeks, and then ask again.
- FACT: In 2004, there were approximately 12,454 beauty supply, cosmetic, and perfume stores nationwide according to the U.S. Census.
You Will Need
- An explanation
- Lip gloss
- Nail polish
- A department store