- Step 1: Check the weather Check the weather and get ready for a beautiful drive with the top down.
- TIP: Make sure the top all the way down before you start your drive.
- Step 2: Pull your hair back Use a rubber band to pull your hair back in a ponytail if you have long hair.
- Step 3: Apply sunscreen Apply sunscreen to any body parts that will be exposed to the sun. Do not forget the tops of your ears, your nose, and your head.
- Step 4: Put on sunglasses Wear sunglasses with UV protection. Make sure they are secure to your head.
- TIP: Use a lanyard or eyewear retainer attached to your sunglasses to keep them from flying away.
- Step 5: Put on your seat belt Put on your seatbelt, turn off your cell phone, and start the engine.
- Step 6: Enjoy the scenery Enjoy the scenery and the stares from jealous onlookers.
- FACT: Over time, driving over 50 miles per hour in a convertible with the top down can cause hearing loss.
You Will Need
- The weather forecast
- A rubber band
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- The open road
- A lanyard or eyewear retainer (optional)