- Step 1: Prime skin Use a clear or bronze-tinted pore-perfecting primer to get skin smooth and flawless looking – a summer essential.
- TIP: Primer lets you use a third less makeup and keeps it fresher longer, eliminating the need for midday touch-ups.
- Step 2: Apply tinted moisturizer Apply a tinted moisturizer with SPF. This multi-tasker not only moisturizes but also replaces foundation, gives you a sun-kissed glow, and protects skin from harmful rays.
- Step 3: Dab on concealer Dab concealer around your eyes, on problem areas, and on eyelids as a primer. Use a slightly darker shade than your rest-of-the-year concealer, which may be too light.
- Step 4: Dust bronzer Dust bronzer on forehead, nose, cheekbones, chin, neck, and earlobes with a large brush. You'll have a universally flattering, warm glow, which also make eyes and teeth look lighter. Bronzer can also double for eye shadow and blush.
- TIP: Look for a bronzer with several shades swirled together for the most natural look.
- Step 5: Make eyes pop Make eyes pop with a light application of youthful-looking brown eyeliner and a few coats of black mascara. Make sure it’s waterproof to avoid smudging from the heat or surf.
- TIP: Keep your makeup in a cool, dry area. A few hours in a hot car could leave your with a melted mess.
- Step 6: Perfect your pout Perfect your pout with a dab of vibrantly colored, longwearing lip stain or a swipe of low-maintenance tinted lip balm.
- FACT: Cosmetics mogul Estee Lauder was born Josephine Esther Mentzer in Queens, New York. Her beauty empire had more than $7 billion in sales in 2009.
You Will Need
- Pore-perfecting primer
- Tinted moisturizer with SPF
- A large makeup brush
- Brown eyeliner
- Black waterproof mascara
- Lip stain or tinted lip balm