- Step 1: Measure and mark Measure your screen with the ruler and use the marker to mark the width on the packing tape before you unroll the tape. Then add an inch to your height measurement and mark that on the tape.
- Step 2: Cut Cut the marked piece of tape as straight as possible. Peel it from the roll starting at the top, where the excess tape is marked.
- TIP: Hold the tape by the excess inch. This prevents fingerprints and prevents the tape from getting hung up on anything.
- Step 3: Soak Submerge the piece of tape completely in a bowl of water with a few drops of dish soap and soak it for several seconds. Avoid making the water too sudsy.
- Step 4: Place on phone Make sure the tape and your hands are free from debris. Then, put a drop or two of water on your cell phone's screen and apply the tape, sticky-side down, starting at the bottom. Center the tape on the screen.
- Step 5: Squeegee Remove excess water and air bubbles with the credit card, using it like a squeegee. Push from the bottom to the top. Then blot excess water from the screen with a tissue.
- Step 6: Remove excess tape Carefully cut off the excess tape at the top just below the faceplate surface.
- Step 7: Avoid scratching back Avoid scratching other parts of your cell phone by always placing it in a separate pocket from your keys and loose change, or in a separate compartment in your handbag.
- FACT: According to a 2009 poll, 94 percent of Americans under 45 have cell phones.
You Will Need
- A ruler
- A permanent marker
- Clear packing tape
- Scissors or a craft knife
- A bowl of water
- A few drops of dish soap
- A credit card