- Step 1: Heat and oil the grill Heat the grill to medium-high and oil the grate with an old towel dipped in canola oil.
- Step 2: Season Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill.
- Step 3: Grill chicken Grill boneless chicken, without turning, for six to 10 minutes, or 10 to 14 minutes for bone-in. Flip the chicken and cook the other side.
- Step 4: Use thermometer Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat to test for doneness. Make sure your chicken reaches at least 160 degrees.
- TIP: Chicken will become dry if the temperature is above 165 degrees.
- Step 5: Baste chicken Brush on your favorite barbecue sauce about one minute before the chicken is done.
- FACT: The body temperature of a chicken ranges from about 104 to 107.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
You Will Need
- An old towel
- Canola oil
- 4 chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- A meat thermometer
- 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce