- Step 1: Prepare shrimp Use a paring knife to slice through the shell along the back of each shrimp. Leave the shell on while you devein the shrimp.
- TIP: Leaving the shell on while you grill will keep the shrimp tender.
- Step 2: Preheat Preheat your grill to high heat. Oil the grill to create a nonstick surface.
- Step 3: Mix oil and garlic Mix the oil and garlic in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Step 4: Season Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and place them on the grill.
- Step 5: Baste Baste the shrimp with the oil and garlic mixture. Grill the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side, basting as they cook.
- Step 6: Serve Serve with rice and corn on the cob.
- FACT: First sold in 1960, the famous mail-order pet "Sea Monkeys," are actually a species of brine shrimp.
You Will Need
- 16 large jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- A small bowl
- Salt and pepper
- A basting brush
- Corn on the cob