- Step 1: Bring to room temperature Allow your filet mignon to come to room temperature before cooking. Then season it with salt and pepper.
- TIP: Wrap your filet with bacon for added flavor, but never over-season a filet mignon.
- Step 2: Place filets on the grill Place your meat on a hot grill over direct heat. Cook on each side for four to five minutes, and then lower the grill's cover to cook to your desired temperature.
- Step 3: Let the meat rest Let the meat rest for five to seven minutes, allowing the juices to spread. The meat will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill, so take it off just before it's to temperature.
- Step 4: Serve and enjoy Serve the meat with a vegetable of your choice and enjoy your melt-in-your-mouth filet.
- FACT: The word mignon means petite or cute in French.
You Will Need
- Salt and pepper