- Step 1: Check the temperature Check the thermometer. Scarves in summer are appropriate for cool evenings, windy days, after a good rain, or to shade you from the sun.
- Step 2: Choose silk or cotton Opt for a silk or cotton scarf – synthetics tend to trap heat.
- Step 3: Consider wearing options Use your scarf as a belt if it's too hot to wear it around your neck, or try using it as a sash for a sun dress or as a headband to keep your hair out of your face.
- TIP: Summer scarves can be worn with jeans, tank tops, and shorts – not just with formal dress.
- Step 4: Select a color that flatters you Choose a color and pattern that flatters you – the more vibrant, the better. Select your accessories in matching colors.
- TIP: Don't forget, men can also wear summer scarves.
- Step 5: Be creative Be creative and tie two scarves of different colors and patterns together. Never wrap the scarf around your neck as if it were there simply to hold your head on.
- FACT: According to legend, the knitted scarf was invented by the Duke of Krakow during the winter of 1783.
You Will Need
- The weather forecast
- Summer scarves