- Step 1: Use light Expose yourself to bright light, preferably natural daylight, to remind your mind and body that you should be awake.
- Step 2: Drink water Drink water to stay hydrated. Dehydration causes fatigue.
- TIP: Caffeine can keep you awake, but large doses often come with a crash.
- Step 3: Move Get up from your desk every 30 minutes to walk, jump, or otherwise move around.
- Step 4: Keep cool Keep cool by walking in cold weather, turning on the air conditioning, or splashing cold water on your face.
- Step 5: Chew gum Chew eucalyptus gum. A strong smell can wake you right up.
- Step 6: Use acupressure Massage your neck and the backs of your hands to improve circulation.
- Step 7: Listen to music Listen to up-tempo music. Nothing soothing or relaxing, but something that really gets you going.
- FACT: Humans sleep less than other primates, like chimps and baboons, who sleep around 10 hours per day.
You Will Need
- A bright light
- Light exercise
- Cold weather or air conditioning
- Eucalyptus chewing gum
- Fast music