- Step 1: Combine cake mix and soda Add both cans of soda to the cake mix in the large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- TIP: You can use lemon-lime soda or ginger ale.
- Step 2: Divide the batter Divide the cake batter evenly into the six small mixing bowls.
- Step 3: Add color Add a different gel food color to each of the six bowls and mix thoroughly.
- Step 4: Scoop batter into pan Add one cup of one color to the cake pan, right in the middle.
- TIP: Be sure to grease the pan adequately so that your cake doesn’t stick or burn.
- Step 5: Add more color Drop another cup of a different color of batter in the middle of the first, then add a third color
- Step 6: Repeat process Repeat this process with the remaining three colors on the other pan.
- Step 7: Bake the cake Bake the cake according to the instructions on the box.
- Step 8: Frost the cake Frost the cake once it has cooled. Serve and enjoy.
- FACT: In 2004, chefs in Connecticut made a seven-tiered wedding cake that weighed more than 15,000 pounds, with nearly 5,000 pounds of frosting.
You Will Need
- A large mixing bowl
- 6 small mixing bowls
- Two 9-inch round cake pans