- Step 1: Go to fitness boot camp Sign up for a boot camp-style gym program that whips people into shape in a short amount of time. If you don't have one in your area, hire a personal trainer.
- TIP: Book yourself a slimming body wrap the day before the event. The results are temporary, but it can take double-digit inches off your figure.
- Step 2: Order business cards Order business cards, even if you're out of work; you can always describe yourself as a "consultant." No one needs to know you have no clients.
- Step 3: Be a spin doctor If there's some area of your life you're embarrassed about, think about how you can put a positive spin on it so you'll be prepared for questions.
- Step 4: Wear a well-fitting outfit Wear a well-fitting outfit; have it tailored if needed. Don't underestimate the body-flattering capabilities of a custom fit.
- TIP: Ladies, get fitted for a new bra.
- Step 5: Take a trip Take a trip beforehand so that when people ask what you've been up to, you can say something like, "Actually, I just got back from the Seychelles." Can't afford a trip? Study up on a place until even you believe that you've been there.
- TIP: Pick a remote place that your classmates are unlikely to have visited
- Step 6: Hold your head high Enter the room with your head held high, and a smile on your face. Then head straight for – no, not the bar – someone standing alone. A confident attitude and friendly demeanor will impress your classmates more than anything else.
- FACT: A survey found that over 70 percent of adults who attended a high school reunion changed their look in some way beforehand.
You Will Need
- Fitness boot camp
- Business cards
- Well-tailored outfit
- A trip
- A slimming body wrap (optional)