- Step 1: Combine barbecue sauce and jelly in a medium saucepan Combine the barbecue sauce and grape jelly in a medium saucepan. Warm the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until the jelly is completely melted.
- Step 2: Add cocktail wieners and stir Add the cocktail wieners to the saucepan, stirring until they're coated.
- TIP: You can use hot dogs cut into 1-inch pieces instead of cocktail wieners.
- Step 3: Cook until the wieners are warm Cook the mixture until the cocktail wieners are warm, about 10 minutes. Keep stirring, and don't let the mixture boil. Reduce the heat if necessary.
- Step 4: Transfer the mixture to a crock pot or chafing dish Transfer the sauce and wieners to a crock pot or chafing dish to keep the sauce warm throughout a party.
- Step 5: Serve warm with toothpicks Place a container of toothpicks next to your serving dish for your guests to use to spear the tasty treats. Kick back and enjoy the party.
- FACT: Both the German city of Frankfurt and the Austrian city of Vienna claim to be the birthplace of the hot dog. German and Austrian immigrants are credited with bringing their hot dogs to America in the 19th century.
You Will Need
- 14 oz. barbecue sauce
- 8 oz. grape jelly
- Medium saucepan
- 1 lb. cocktail wieners
- Crock pot or chafing dish
- Hot dogs (optional)