- Step 1: Mix initial ingredients Mix the cocoa powder, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Step 2: Whisk in milk Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the milk. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue to stir until it thickens.
- Step 3: Temper the egg Whisk an egg in a small mixing bowl. Add a teaspoon of your heated mixture to the bowl to temper the egg.
- TIP: Mix your egg and the small amount of heated mixture very quickly until everything is warm.
- Step 4: Add the egg to rest of the mixture Add the tempered egg to the rest of the mixture.
- Step 5: Add the chocolate chips Add the chocolate chips to the heated mixture, stirring until they melt.
- Step 6: Refrigerate the pudding Pour the pudding into small ramekins and refrigerate for an hour. Then grab a spoon and enjoy.
- FACT: According to census information, 1,233 establishments manufactured chocolate in 2007.
You Will Need
- A medium saucepan
- u00bd c. cocoa powder
- u00bd c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 c. milk
- A whisk
- An egg
- A small mixing bowl
- u00bc c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Small ramekins