- Step 1: Cut the paper in half Cut the paper in half horizontally. Then fold one of the halves horizontally, and then fold it horizontally again so you're left with a long rectangle.
- Step 2: Fold the skinny rectangle in half Fold the skinny rectangle in half vertically, creasing it and making a short skinny rectangle. Open the fold and lay the paper flat in front of you.
- Step 3: Fold right end diagonally Fold the right side of the rectangle diagonally so the top edge meets the crease.
- TIP: The rectangle should be transformed into the shape of the letter L.
- Step 4: Fold left end diagonally Turn the L-shaped piece around 180 degrees and fold the other side the same way, but in the opposite direction. The piece should now look like a zigzag line.
- Step 5: Fold the ends in half Flip the piece over and lay it vertically and fold the top right corner of the top square to the bottom left corner of the top square, making a triangle. Fold the entire triangle down and toward you, onto the middle section. Then repeat with the other side.
- TIP: Your piece should now be in the shape of a diamond.
- Step 6: Repeat with other piece Repeat this process with the other half of the original paper, and then hold the pieces in front of you with the flaps unfolding toward you. Hold the right one with the middle line horizontal and the left one with the middle line vertical.
- Step 7: Put together the pieces Put the left piece inside the middle of the right piece, and then open all the flaps.
- TIP: At this point you will see an X formed by the two pieces in the middle.
- Step 8: Fold the flaps in Starting with the bottom right flap, fold them all in to the middle overlapping around clockwise. Tuck the top right flap over the middle and into the bottom right flap, and you have yourself a ninja star.
- FACT: The average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of paper each year.
You Will Need
- A sheet of printer paper