- Step 1: Know the directions Have a map, a list of directions, or be sure that you know exactly where to go.
- TIP: If you have a GPS in the car, take control of it.
- Step 2: Sit in the front Sit in the front seat so you can pay attention to where the driver is going.
- Step 3: Help the driver focus Help the driver focus by not distracting them with too much conversation. Don't let the driver to get off the path.
- TIP: If there are other people in the car, don’t let them distract the driver.
- Step 4: Give one step at a time Give one directional step at a time so as not to overwhelm the driver.
- Step 5: Keep calm Don’t panic if the driver misses a turn. Find an alternative route using your map or your keen sense of direction.
- FACT: Scientists have used GPS to track the movement patterns and feeding habits of deer.
You Will Need
- A map
- GPS (optional)