- Step 1: Multiply by 2 Multiply the temperature in Celsius by two. Write this number down.
- Step 2: Multiply by one-fifth Multiply the temperature in celsius by one-fifth.
- Step 3: Subtract Subtract the result of step 2 from the number you got at the end of step 1.
- TIP: The equation for the conversion can be written as F = 2C – 0.2C + 32
- Step 4: Add 32 Add 32. The result is the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit.
- FACT: Daniel Fahrenheit and Anders Celsius were contemporary 18th-century scientists.
You Will Need
- A Celsius temperature
- A calculator (optional)