- Step 1: Keep car in working condition Keep your car in good working condition. Check it periodically for broken headlights and taillights, and check your license plate for obstructions.
- TIP: Avoid driving flashy, expensive vehicles or loud, damaged vehicles, which could make you a highway patrol target.
- Step 2: Drive same speed Drive the same speed as accompanying traffic.
- Step 3: Avoid being the lead car Place yourself in the middle of a clump of traffic. Avoid being the first or last speeding vehicle.
- Step 4: Watch for brake lights Watch for people hitting their brakes in front of you. It is a good indicator that there could be a police car or an accident ahead.
- Step 5: Drive in the middle lane Drive in the middle lane. Use the left lane only to pass.
- Step 6: Invest in radar detector Invest in a quality radar detector if they are legal in your state.
- Step 7: Do not speed Remember: the easiest way to avoid a speeding ticket (and stay safe!) is to drive the speed limit and always wear your seat belt.
- FACT: The most common offense an aggressive driver commits is speeding.
You Will Need
- A well-maintained vehicle
- Driving strategies
- A radar detector