- Step 1: Peel the apple Peel the apple.
- Step 2: Carve a face Carve a face in the apple with your knife.
- TIP: If you are particular about your work, grab a pencil and sketch a face on the apple prior to carving.
- Step 3: Soak the apple Combine the lemon juice and salt in the bowl and soak the apple in the mixture for 30 seconds.
- Step 4: Dry the apple Set the apple out to dry in a warm, dry area for 2 to 4 weeks. Make sure the room is not humid or your dry apple will return to its original shape.
- Step 5: Display Set your apple with the rest of your fall decorations and enjoy your work all season.
- FACT: The crabapple is the only apple native to North America
You Will Need
- An apple
- A peeler
- A knife
- A bowl
- 1c. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. salt
- A pencil (optional)