- Step 1: Choose printing method Decide whether to print the stickers with an inkjet printer at home, or order them online.
- Step 2: Design the sticker Design the bumper sticker with your computer's drawing program. Web sites that sell custom bumper stickers often feature templates and programs that can be used to make stickers.
- TIP: Use bright and contrasting colors in the design of the sticker to make it easier to read.
- Step 3: Follow artwork guidelines Follow image resolution requirements specified by the web site you are ordering from, or, when printing stickers yourself, find out what resolution works best.
- Step 4: Order Order the number of stickers you want if you're making them online.
- Step 5: Step 5. [Print] Print the stickers on inkjet vinyl paper if you're printing from home. Carefully roll out the glossy laminate over the vinyl and use a ruler to smooth away air bubbles. Separate the stickers with a knife or razor blade.
- FACT: In 1946, Forest P. Gill combined fluorescent ink and self-sticking adhesive and created the first bumper sticker.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Drawing program
- Inkjet printer
- Waterproof inkjet self-adhesive vinyl
- Glossy laminate
- Knife or razor blade