- Step 1: Fold lengthwise Fold each sheet of paper in half lengthwise, three times.
- TIP: You can also use two sheets of colored construction paper cut to size.
- Step 2: Create barrel Create the barrel of the gun by folding one of the folded sheets in half crosswise.
- Step 3: Fold ends of other sheet Fold both ends of the other sheet downward at a 90-degree angle, leaving a 4-inch section in the middle.
- Step 4: Fold in half Fold this same sheet in half in the center of the 4- inch section. The two angled ends will now be aligned. This is the gun handle.
- Step 5: Slide in barrel Hold the barrel in one hand with the open, non-folded end facing toward the handle you are holding in the other hand. Slide each of the 90-degree-angled ends into each of the folded pockets on the barrel.
- Step 6: Cock the gun Cock the gun by sliding the barrel forward and then back.
- FACT: In 1955, Mattel introduced its popular, patented automatic cap gun, the Burp Gun.
You Will Need
- 2 sheets 8u00bd" x 11" paper
- Colored construction paper (optional)