- Step 1: Chop the chocolate Chop the chocolate into fine pieces and melt it in the saucepan.
- Step 2: Stir in milk Slowly stir in ½ cup of the milk. Continue stirring until it's smooth. Then let it stand until the mix reaches room temperature.
- Step 3: Melt ingredients together Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring continuously. Remove from heat.
- Step 4: Blend Blend the mixture, the remaining milk, and the ice at high speed in a blender until smooth.
- TIP: The mixture should resemble the consistency of a daiquiri.
- Step 5: Pour, decorate, and enjoy Pour the mixture into a serving glass and garnish it with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy your cold, delicious beverage.
- FACT: Stephen Bruce, Calvin Holt, and Preston Caradine, known as the Serendipity 3, invented frozen hot chocolate made from 14 kinds of chocolate and exotic cocoas.
You Will Need
- 3 oz. best-quality chocolate
- 2 tsp. store-bought hot chocolate mix
- 1u00bd tbsp. sugar
- 1u00bd c. milk
- 3 c. ice
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- A saucepan
- A blender