- Step 1: Don't believe stereotypes Don't believe stereotypes. Contrary to the popular legend of so-called cougars pouncing on young bucks, research shows that it is usually the man who initiates a relationship with an older woman.
- Step 2: Be self-sufficient When you meet a younger man you like, let him know you're self-sufficient. That's a big part of the attraction.
- TIP: Pick up the tab a few times if the mood strikes you, but don't let a younger man take advantage of you financially.
- Step 3: Don't play games Don't play games. If you want to see him, call him. Many young men appreciate the straightforwardness of a mature woman
- Step 4: Maintain your independence Maintain your independence. It's a trait that men who date older women say they value in their partner.
- Step 5: Find out his intentions If things get serious, and you can't or don't want to have children, find out if this is a deal-breaker before things go too far.
- Step 6: Ignore naysayers Ignore the naysayers who say a relationship with a younger man will never last. In one study, the average length of an older woman/younger man relationship was 13 years.
- FACT: About one-third of single women between 40 and 69 years old are dating younger men, according to one survey.
You Will Need