- Step 1: Use knife Use the tip of a knife to chip off the top of an egg. Discard the egg or cook it.
- Step 2: Pierce egg Gently rinse the shell. Use a pin or a needle to pierce the bottom of the shell creating a drainage hole.
- Step 3: Place in carton Place the eggshell in an egg carton. Use a small spoon to fill the eggshell with potting soil.
- TIP: Use scissors to cut off the top of the egg carton so it does not get in the way.
- Step 4: Drop seeds Plant two or three seeds in the dirt. Follow the directions on the seed package for proper planting depth.
- Step 5: Water Water the plant by removing the shell from the carton and using a spray bottle to mist it.
- Step 6: Watch grow Place the egg carton by a sunny window and watch it grow.
- FACT: Brown eggs are more expensive than white eggs because hens that produce brown eggs are larger and require more food.
You Will Need
- A knife
- A pin or needle
- An egg carton
- A small spoon
- Potting soil
- A spray bottle
- Scissors (optional)