- Step 1: Start small Start small by asking for things that are not very important to you from people you trust.
- Step 2: Identify something important Identify something important to ask for once you have built up confidence from asking for less important things.
- Step 3: Write a script Write a script asking for something you want to get a feel of what words you will use.
- TIP: Record yourself speaking your script to see how you sound asking.
- Step 4: Rehearse Rehearse with a friend or a trusted colleague so that you are comfortable saying the words.
- Step 5: Ask away After you have practiced and prepared, all you now have to do is ask.
- FACT: The Rolling Stones' song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" was named as the 100th greatest song of all time by Rolling Stone magazine.
You Will Need
- A pen
- A friend
- A tape recorder (optional)