- Step 1: Preheat oven and slice squash Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- TIP: The larger the squash, the wider and longer the noodles.
- Step 2: Oil, salt, and pepper squash Rub the inside of the squash with the olive oil and salt and pepper it lightly.
- Step 3: Bake squash Place the squash on the cookie sheet, cut sides up. Bake it until soft – about an hour.
- Step 4: Scrape inside with fork Let the squash cool until you can handle it. Then scrape the inside with a fork, lengthwise, to form noodles.
- Step 5: Toss noodles with pasta sauce Toss the noodles with your favorite pasta or pesto sauce and enjoy a happy supper.
- FACT: Spaghetti squash is also known as "keeper squash" because it will keep for months in cool storage.
You Will Need
- 2 2 lb. spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cookie sheet
- Tomato or pesto sauce