- Step 1: Choose filling Choose what types of sandwiches you’d like to serve. Common sandwiches include tuna or egg salad, cucumber and cream cheese, and roast beef and watercress.
- Step 2: Cut crusts from bread Choose the type of bread you’d like to make the sandwiches with. Use bread that is sturdy but not too thick.
- Step 3: Lay out bread Lay out nine slices of bread and top them with the sandwich filling you’ve chosen. Spread or layer your toppings so they go all the way to the edges of your bread slices.
- TIP: If your filling is very moist, spread a layer of butter or margarine over the bread before you add the filling. This will help keep the sandwiches from getting soggy.
- Step 4: Top and cut Place the top slices of bread onto your sandwiches and then remove the crusts.
- Step 5: Quarter the sandwiches Cut your sandwiches into fours.
- TIP: If you want your sandwiches to be a bit fancier, some stores sell finger-sandwich-sized loaves of bread.
- Step 6: Arrange the sandwiches on a platter and serve them to your guests.
- FACT: In 2005, a Las Vegas woman was arrested after planting a severed finger in her food at a fast food restaurant and claiming it was served to her.
You Will Need
- Sandwich filling of your choice
- 18 slices extra thin bread
- Serving platter
- Party of hungry people
- Butter or margarine (optional)