- Step 1: Stir in gelatin Mix your favorite flavor gelatin and the unflavored stuff with the cold water in the measuring cup, a little at a time, stirring constantly to prevent clumping.
- Step 2: Rest Allow the mixture to rest for at least 10 minutes so the gelatin has time to absorb the water.
- Step 3: Melt gelatin mixture Melt the gelatin mixture by placing the measuring cup in a pot of simmering water and stirring the mixture until it melts.
- TIP: Add a pinch of powdered Vitamin C to make the gummies sour.
- Step 4: Fill molds Fill your silicone mold with the gelatin using a large syringe or a turkey baster for easy and even filling.
- Step 5: Cool candy Let your gummies cool to room temperature on a counter or table, or put them in the refrigerator if you're in a hurry.
- Step 6: Peel back mold Peel back the mold to release your gummy candy. No oil or spray is needed. Enjoy immediately or pack them away for later.
- FACT: The gummy bear was invented in 1922.
You Will Need
- 1 package flavored gelatin
- 3 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- u00bd c. cold water
- A heat-proof measuring cup
- A heat-proof spatula
- A large pot
- A large syringe or turkey baster
- A silicone candy mold
- Powdered Vitamin C (optional)