- : If you have been inactive for a length of time, or if you've had any recent surgery or physical problems, particularly of the muscles and joints, please consult your doctor before you start a stretching or exercise program.
- Step 1: Sit or stand Sit or stand in an upright position.
- Step 2: Rest hand in hand Rest the back of your left hand in the palm of your right hand.
- Step 3: Flex wrist With the right palm, gently apply pressure to the left hand, pushing the wrist into flexion.
- TIP: Don't apply too much pressure—wrist flexion is a delicate stretch.
- Step 4: Hold stretch Hold for 20 seconds.
- Step 5: Repeat on other hand Release the stretch and rest the back of your right hand in the palm of your left hand to repeat the stretch on the other side.
- FACT: Stretching your forearms, wrists, and hands properly may help prevent the development of carpal tunnel syndrome.
You Will Need